Pages

Monday 4 July 2011

Take one a day

Day 4

A bit of a weird day today. I've been to my cousin Pattie's funeral. Some funerals I've attended have felt like being put through a spin cycle and then spat out at the other end. Pattie's was calm and tranquil. Her death, although sudden, was not unexpected. She'd suffered from a blood disorder all of her life and had needed transfusions on a regular basis. It was during one of her regular treatments that she suffered a heart attack.

Her brother had dedicated his life to her. He's never married, never flinched from his care for her. So, there we are sisters - not all men are b*******s.

For today's project, and yes there has been one, I've taken solace in the mundane. Have crochet hook will travel to the Midlands and sit and listen to the stories and reminiscences of the old lady family members.

These little flowers and bowl are dedicated to Pattie. She would have put them on her in hair, on her ice dance costumes, rockabilly 50s dresses, 60s Mary Quant minis and added them to something from every era that she loved her life in.



Before picking up my lovely family members along the route I had time to do my Folksy listing.

Another organic blanket
Organic cotton has wonderful properties. Cool in summer, warm in winter and with the added bonus of minimum pollution. The colour is listed as raspberry tea, an old fashioned, vintage inspired mauve.



This blanket was fun to do but the border was one of the biggest yarn eaters!

Raspberry tea was something I could have done with by the bucketful today. (This is the tenuous link!) The weather in the Midlands was so hot and humid. The gauge on my car measured 28 at one time. This is what I looked like;



This lovely July Jewel, retro dog card has been listed on Folksy by pollypurplehorse I love his little tongue.

xxxxx and hugs to M. It will get better day by day.

3 comments:

Lizzy Love said...

so sorry to hear about your cousin! Your creations are all beautiful, really love the flowers!!!1

Anonymous said...

a very moving blog post :-) the little flowers and bowl are beautiful and delicate and look incredibly tactile :-)

and your blanket in the most gorgeous shade of my favourite colour too!!

Thank you so much for featuring my little Retro Doggy card,

Angela
:-)

Chrissy C said...

My condolences to you. Your work is lovely xx