Pages

Friday 29 July 2011

Take one a day

Day 29

Today I've carried on messing with paper. I tried a tutorial for paper lanterns but have proved again that if you don't have the right equipment it can be difficult to get the desired effect. In fairness the instructions did say do not use tea lights with a naked flame. Use LED votives. It said to use bangles to hold it together. Mine kept springing out. I decided to use double backed sticky plastic. It stuck to everything but the seam.

I remember in the golden years of Blue Peter when they made a nuclear power station out of toilet rolls and double sticky backed plastic. I won't mention Tracy Island.

I didn't set the place alight but I didn't get any light through the holes. The morning was dull. I had a lunch date. It was put on hold.

This evening the sun came out. I found a cheats way of doing things and here we are ...







I used photocopy prints. I don't know who did the originals but I do know that the ones in the middle are from Olive Dear. I used a needle in a cork to do the pin pricks. I think they need to be bigger but the photos don't show the light at its best.

I love this time of year in the garden. I tried to take shots of the roses but my batteries went but look at the monbretia.




 
My listing today is one my favourite blankets. It was a huge task and I was really pleased with the results. It's been on Etsy and now I've listed it on Folksy. I love the colour mix and the organic cotton makes it so soft. It's hard to part with it.



Today's Folksy July Jewel in from Maxine Veronica Jewellery.  These gorgeous peach and champagne glass pearls are paired with copper chain and copper fittings


Have a great weekend. It's the last one for July!! Yippeeeee!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy Island on Blue Peter - a blast from the past, I'm glad you didn't mention it.

Good to see eveything still going strong on the July Challenge front - only two days to go!

cathouseprints said...

Cat - those paper laterns are FABULOUS! I love them and I think you've inspired me to try one or two! Love the garden pictures, too.

So now that you have only two days left, will stop or keep going (my vote, lol).

Max Pring Artisan said...

Love the lanterns so very pretty great blog too and thank you so much for including my necklace :)
Max x

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

Just discovered your blog via Folksy - it's lovely, you have a new follower! That crochet is stunning, I'm not surprised you'll find it hard to part with :)

Lizzy Love said...

The blanket looks so soft and comfy! The lanterns look really neat, great work!!!!