Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

Back again!

Did you think I'd gone away after my July challenge?

August means that I have to sort out the aftermath. I'm planning a change to my workroom. It gets the evening sun so it's a great place to work at the end of the day. I need to sort out storage. That's easily done with IKEA. What I couldn't decide on was the sort of environment I wanted to work in.

Should I go pink and sparkly? No. I think this month has proved I don't do cute.

Totally minimalist? No. Anyone that know me knows I wouldn't be able to keep that up.

Vintage? No. As much as I like it there comes a time when it looks old. It's a difficult look to pull off. You can have too much shabby chic.

I decided to go with an edgy, urban, graffiti look with a humorous twist. It's inspired by a print of a New York doorway by Laura Hodges


There's a warmth to this tag. It's got the colours that I love.  Where do I go from here? It's not going to sit well with my pale blue, grey walls. Paint suggestions anyone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to give some advice but interior design really isn't my thing - my favourite colours are red, purple and black and they don't really lend themselves to redecorating a room!

cathouseprints said...

That's tough. Have you considered instead a print of the Rolling Stones album cover Beggars Banquet? Subtle color that should match your walls, I think.

Baban Cat said...

Good choice. I like it. I'm sure I could use that too. Keep the ideas coming!

Lizzy Love said...

I have to say that is not what I was expecting to see, but I like it. My suggestion is Hot Pink! but thats just me lol sorry I got nothing else